The Luxury Sarong Boutique values its customers and respects their privacy. Any information we collect about you is held with the utmost care and security. The Luxury Sarong Boutique is run by Amanda Burwell.
What personal information we collect and where it is kept
We collect your name and email address when you opt in to our email list. This data is held in MailChimp and Shopify and is password protected.
We may collect your IP address and information regarding your location and pages accessed. This data is collected and stored in Google Analytics.
If you purchase a product we collect your name, email address, address, telephone number and IP address. This data is held within Stripe and Shopify which are both password protected.
How we collect and use this information
We collect personal data in a variety of different ways including;
- when you email us directly
- order a product
- subscribe to our monthly letter or upcoming event notifications
- comment on blog posts
- automated technologies or interactions: As you use our site, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns. We collect this data by using cookies, server logs and similar technologies.
We will only use your personal data when legally permitted. The most common uses of your personal data are:
- Where we need to perform the contract between us;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- We may use the information to improve our products and services;
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes by email.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal ground for processing your personal data, other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you via email. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How long we keep this information
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
By law we must keep basic information if you purchase a product or service (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
If you have subscribed to our mailing list your information will be kept until you notify me otherwise; you have the right to be forgotten so contact me at email@example.com if you would like your data to be destroyed.
Sharing your data
Under no circumstances is your data ever sold or rented to a third party.
We may share your data in the following circumstances:
- to service providers and affiliates (PayPal, Stripe and postal services) who assist in the delivery of our products and services
- to third parties if we believe that disclosure is advisable or necessary to comply with the law, to enforce or apply our terms and conditions, or to protect the rights, property or safety of ourselves or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
We will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website and to prevent fraud and increase website security. We will use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit and keep track of your preferences in relation to your use of our website.
In most Internet browsers, you can change your settings so that you will be warned each time a cookie is being sent, or so that cookies will be turned off. With cookies blocked, some functions of the site may not operate properly.
Gaining access to your data
You the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the personal information we hold, please contact us. You also have the right to be forgotten, so you can contact us to request the data we hold be destroyed.
If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you request to see this information and even have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate the matter.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Please contact us first so that we can investigate the matter and try to resolve it first.